Summer is ending in just a few short weeks, so we wanted a quick and easy recipe that tastes great and gets you out to enjoy the last of summer fun. This treat is also incredibly versatile. Use what you have on hand, or is in season, it’s easy to change up the ingredients to fit whatever you’re craving!
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
For raspberry filling:
- 2 12oz bags of frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- Juice from 1 lemon
This will yield about 12-18 bars. They can be baked and frozen for up to 3 months.
You don’t need to use raspberries. It can easily be made in the same method with strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries.
You can use fresh raspberries, but it requires a lot of them and the filling consistency tends to be a lot more liquid-y.
Not enough for your sweet tooth? Feel free to add powdered sugar or even a glaze using powdered sugar, milk, and some vanilla extract.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 F. Put all of the frozen raspberries in a colander and run warm water over them. Let them thaw for an hour until softened, then mix with sugar, cornstarch, and lemon. Gently press the raspberry mixture with a spoon until you have the desired consistency. Set aside.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, oats, melted butter, baking powder, and salt together until it is a crumble-like mixture. Press 2/3 of the mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Once the crust is finished baking, pour the raspberry mixture on top. Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 of the crumble mixture on top of the raspberry filling. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
4. Once done baking, stick them into the fridge for a few hours so the bars can ‘set’. You can also enjoy it warm by immediately serving. Enjoy!
Along with sweet treats, summer comes along with being outside, visiting family, and all kinds of exciting trips. We don’t want to let hearing loss change how much fun you have in the sun. Learn more about hearing and get back to those summer activities.
Want to give us a visit? Find the location closest to you and schedule online! It’s a few simple clicks. You can also give us a call anytime and a live patient care representative will answer your call.