Should Improving Your Hearing Be On Your List Of Resolutions For The New Year?
If so, we know what you want: the best care possible, no surprises, and the highest value for your money.
We believe our patients’ success comes from dialogue and thorough communication between you and your hearing care staff. Part of having the right conversation involves asking the right questions.
If you’re considering getting help with your hearing, we recommend it be from a licensed, Doctor of Audiology or hearing instrument specialist. Don’t waste your time or money with anything less.
In addition, while you’re at the appointment, there will come a moment where the hearing care provider pushes his chair back, looks you in the eye and asks, “OK – what questions do you have for me?”
This is where the fun begins.
At Your Visit, Here Are 17 Questions We Recommend Asking:
- Given my type of hearing, how successful should I expect my results to be?
- How do I know that these hearing instruments are helping me hear my very best?
- What’s the verification that I’m hearing at an optimal level?
- How will this treatment fit with my lifestyle?
- Will I be able to enjoy music again?
- Will I be able to use a telephone?
- How much will my speech understanding improve?
- Can I upgrade if the technology improves in future years?
- What happens when I need maintenance or repairs?
- Where can I find more information on what to expect?
- What will happen if my hearing changes?
- How will I know if my hearing changes?
- How do I care for my device?
- What assistive listening devices can help me?
- How long will my device last?
- How should I contact you with questions, and what would the response time be?
- How much does this hearing treatment cost, and is it covered by insurance?
Important: if you DO NOT purchase a hearing aid from a Doctor of Audiology, Audiologist, or Hearing Instrument Specialist there’s a very good chance the staff will not be able to answer many of these questions, which could cost you time, money and overall satisfaction.
Some Closing Thoughts
- If you have an upcoming visit with an audiologist or hearing instrument specialist and are curious about what to expect, visit our blog post here that explains everything you need to know about what to expect at your hearing appointment.
- If you have visited one of the big box stores in Charlotte and were not pleased with the answers you received, you could really benefit from speaking with a hearing care professional.
Call one of our convenient locations today to schedule an appointment 1-888-553-7520.